Wednesday, February 20, 2008

DMV Day

As stated previously we were supposed to go the DMV today to take all of our written tests for our training permits and endorsements.

Decided to sleep in a bit (7:30am instead of 5:30am) since the DMV down there didn't even open till 8:00am. Once I got going, stopped at McDonald's for breakfast I arrived at about 9:00am.

Amazingly enough I was able to walk right up to the counter without having to wait. Guess it helps that the DMV the school uses is in a town about 50 miles from Dallas ... lol.

After doing the usual paperwork to get started and paying my fee of $10.00 to take the tests and get my permit I sat down and started testing at about 9:20am. I took my time and took all seven back to back and was done about 10:45am and passed them all.

I got perfect scores on everything except the Texas A&B test which was stupid because it included passenger bus questions which I didn't study for. So out of 215 questions on all the tests combined I only missed two. Not bad I think, unfortunately you only get PASS/FAIL records so the actual score is worthless. Not to mention once you get a 80% score on the tests you are taking the thing stops asking questions, so you never actually get to answer all the questions to get a guage for an accurate score. Every one of my test cut off once I got to 80% so, I did well. Except for the two I missed. (The computer tells you if you got the answer right or wrong as you go along.)

Back to class tomorrow, and we are going to start covering logging, mapping and trip routing. That should be fun :

No comments: